Semillitas de Aprendizaje™ Storytelling & Storyreading Videos DVD
Storytelling has been with us throughout human history. There is a strong connection between the teller and listener and a unique kind of engagement with the story. Both storytelling and storyreading support learning in the classroom and provide different kinds of literacy experiences for students. This DVD is the newest feature of IDRA’s bilingual (Spanish/English) supplemental early childhood curriculum. The engaging DVD contains the 10 Semillitas de Aprendizaje™ stories told in two styles: storyreading (in English) and storytelling (in Spanish). Available from IDRA for $20. One copy of the DVD is included in the Semillitas de Aprendizaje Classroom Master Set.
See printable flier about the DVD (pdf)
See sample video clips below.
Storytelling Videos in Spanish
Be transported into the world of the Semillitas de Aprendizaje characters through traditional storytelling techniques that convey the meaning and spirit of each tale. Each story in Spanish is preceded by an opening gathering song and followed by a closing song. Encourage your students to sing along.
- La Chamaca Machaca (06:40 min)
- La Cajita de Primeros Auxilios (06:32 min)
- Dos Pollitas Listas (09:33 min)
- El Collar de Margarita (06:45 min)
- Los Números del 1 al 10 (04:43 min)
- Mi Abrigo de Verano (06:17 min)
- El Curioso Tomás (08:17 min)
- Confusión en el Circo (05:44 min)
- Jesusita y las Arañas (06:21 min)
- El Minero Jorge (07:31 min)
Storyreading Videos in English
Watch and listen as each Semillitas de Aprendizaje story is read aloud with dramatic voices and actions. Your students will enjoy reading along and imitating the characters.
- Machaca the Ostrich (06:01 min)
- The First Aid Kit (07:20 min)
- Two Smart Chicks (08:10 min)
- Margarita’s Necklace (06:53 min)
- Numbers One to Ten (10:42 min)
- My Summer Coat (06:54 min)
- Curious Tomás (08:20 min)
- Confusion in the Circus (10:22 min)
- Jesusita and the Spiders (08:47 min)
- Jorge, the Miner (07:39 min)